What is the Mason Neck Horse Coalition (MNHC)?
"There is more to lose than land. A way of life and an understanding of who we are
is also at stake. Horsemanship is important to our country's history and lore. It teaches
us responsibility and stewardship and how to care for another lifeform. When we protect this, it
enriches out communities."
- John F. Turner, 1997 (former Director, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service)
MNHC, Inc. is a non-profit, corporation dedicated to protecting and preserving the physical,
natural, historical, and cultural heritage on Mason Neck and the horse community in Fairfax County and surrounding areas throughout Virginia.
- conduct educational, scientific and chaitable work involving horses and the environment in cooperation with parks,
public land management agencies, and landowners
- serve as park volunteers and conservation project sponsors
- inform citizens about the role of horses in the preservation of open spaces and the environment, and in Virginia's historical heritage
- partner with other organizations which share the goals of preservation of open land, the conservation of natural resources, and the protection of the environment, and
- preserve the integrity of the ecosystem through promotion of best management practices.
What can I do to help?
Join the MNHC, Inc., and help protect open space and provide accessible land and trails for all users.
For information on membership, you may contact MNHC either by e-mail at:
Send your membership form to:
MNHC, Inc. c/o Linda Miller
8912 Camden St
Alexandria, VA 22308
Last Update - February 26, 2014